A significant percentage of our patients are adults, and they agree that it’s never too late to improve their smiles. Benefits of treatment include:
- Improved Smile & Facial Appearance
- Improved Oral Health
- Improved Self-Esteem / Self-Confidence
- Improved bite, function & tooth alignment
Orthodontics is not merely for improving the aesthetics of the smile; bad bites (malocclusions) are improved or eliminated. Malocclusions occur as a result of tooth or jaw misalignment which can affect the way you smile, chew, clean your teeth or feel about your smile.
According to studies by the American Association of Orthodontists, untreated malocclusions can result in:
- Crowded teeth that are more difficult to properly brush and floss
- Protruding teeth that are more susceptible to accidental chipping
- Crossbites that result in unfavorable growth and uneven tooth wear and the potential for jaw joint dysfunction
- Openbites that can result in tongue-thrusting habits and speech impediments.
Orthodontic treatment at later stages in life can dramatically improve one’s personal appearance and self-esteem. Improving the health of teeth and gums is equally important. Crooked teeth and a bad bite can contribute to gum tissue and bone loss, tooth decay, abnormal wear of the tooth enamel surfaces, headaches, and jaw joint (TMJ/TMD) pain.
The latest techniques and appliances we use greatly reduce discomfort levels during treatment and may allow you to choose from several options. Your options may include metal braces, translucent braces or transparent aligners (better known as Invisalign).